[Deprecated] Adds hardware to a Milestone VMS using a CSV file
Import-HardwareCsv [-Path] <String> [-Full] [-RecordingServer <RecordingServer>] [<CommonParameters>]
This command is deprecated in favor of Import-VmsHardware.
Adds hardware to a Milestone VMS using a CSV file. The required columns include
- RecordingServerName - The display name of the Recording Server where the device should be added
- HardwareAddress - The address of the device to be added in the format "http://ip.add.re.ss"
- HardwareName - The desired display name of the new hardware device
- UserName - The user name on the device - typically 'root' or 'admin'
- Password - The password for the given UserName on the device
- GroupPath - Optional. Defines the camera group where new cameras will be placed. Default is '/New Cameras'
- DriverNumber - Optional. Add-Hardware is much faster when you know the driver to use. Specify the driver number when possible, but if you leave it blank, the Recording Server will try to scan the hardware to discover the driver.
When importing with the Full parameter, a separate file for each row of the CSV file is expected to be found adjascent to the CSV file with a name like "csvname_guid.json" where csvname is the filename of the CSV file provided in -Path, and guid is an ID matching the ConfigurationId column from the CSV file.
This command will make an effort to match all settings present in the adjascent JSON files. However, some settings are not available through Configuration API, and advanced settings like secondary streams, or events are not included.
Connect-ManagementServer -Server localhost
Import-HardwareFromCsv -Path C:\hardware.csv
Logs into the local Management Server as the current Windows user and imports hardware defined in C:\hardware.csv
Perform a deep copy of the configuration using the adjascent JSON files generated by the Export-HardwareToCsv command.
Type: SwitchParameter Parameter Sets: (All) Aliases: Required: False Position: Named Default value: False Accept pipeline input: False Accept wildcard characters: False
Path to the location of the CSV file from where the hardware information will be imported
Type: String Parameter Sets: (All) Aliases: Required: True Position: 1 Default value: None Accept pipeline input: False Accept wildcard characters: False
Override the Recording Servers designated in the CSV file and add all hardware in the CSV file to this Recording Server instead.
Type: RecordingServer Parameter Sets: (All) Aliases: Required: False Position: Named Default value: None Accept pipeline input: False Accept wildcard characters: False
This cmdlet supports the common parameters: -Debug, -ErrorAction, -ErrorVariable, -InformationAction, -InformationVariable, -OutVariable, -OutBuffer, -PipelineVariable, -Verbose, -WarningAction, and -WarningVariable. For more information, see about_CommonParameters.