Get existing rules configured on the VMS.
Get-VmsRule cmdlet returns rules configured on the VMS based on the
specified parameters. Note that the Configuration API is unable to represent
all of the possible rule definitions. See Introduction to Configuration API
for more details about support for rules.
According to the Configuration API documentation, the following rule actions are not supported:
- Send notification to profile
- Set matrix to view devices
- Start patrolling on device using profile
- Pause patrolling on devices
- Show access request notification
- Change password on hardware devices
- Play audio message on devices with priority
In addition to these unsupported rule actions, MIP Plugin-defined actions are only supported where the action accepts built-in items as parameters such as Cameras, Microphones, Metadata, and so on. Actions that are generated by a plugin, such as the sample BAT Action plugin, are not supported in Configuration API.
- Requires VMS connection and will attempt to connect automatically
- Requires VMS version 20.1
Gets all rule definitions that are possible to represent through Configuration API.
Gets all rule definitions with the word "Default" in the rule name.
Specifies the ID of an existing rule.
Specifies the name of an existing role, with support for wildcards.
This cmdlet supports the common parameters: -Debug, -ErrorAction, -ErrorVariable, -InformationAction, -InformationVariable, -OutVariable, -OutBuffer, -PipelineVariable, -Verbose, -WarningAction, and -WarningVariable. For more information, see about_CommonParameters.